Sunday, October 12, 2008

Moodle server is back up

Server is back up, but there is still the unresolved issue of the Participants page showing zero participants. This seems to be affecting all classes.

This does not affect how a student can log in to the class- they can still access everything they need to.

The workaround for teachers is to go into individual assignments, where teachers can still view submitted assignments, grade them, and post comments. Teachers can continue to post new assignments.

Work on this problem over the weekend did not resolve it. The IT staff is continuing to investigate the problem, but we have not found the cause, so we cannot provide an ETA for resolution.

Further updates to be posted on this site.

2 comments:

mafeaprns said...

Actually, I cannot access what my students have written in my classes' "Journal." Though it shows the phrase, "View 8 entries," when I click it I cannot view anything. I'd really like to respond to my students' journaling asap! :)
Thanks.
Pat Hetland

Jon said...

Pat,
Thanks for the update. It appears that some classes can get in to view the journal entries, but others are not able. This was corrected in the all staff email I sent out yesterday. We are continuing to work on this very tough problem, and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.
-Jon